NCTE PAR / NCTE OTPRMS / NCTE Certificate Verification: National Council for Teacher Education came in existing in 1993 with NCTE Act 1993 as a Statutory Body of Government of India. Earlier, NCTE was a part of NCERT as an advisory body to state and central for the matters related to Teacher Education.
The National Policy on Education (NPE), 1986 and the Programme of Action thereunder envisaged a National Council for Teacher Education with statutory status and necessary resources as a first step for overhauling the system of teacher education.
The National Council for Teacher Education as a statutory body came into existence in pursuance of the National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993 (No. 73 of 1993) on the 17th August 1995.
Purpose of NCTE: NCTE act as a Statutory Body to keep a check on Teacher Education. Any Teacher Education Institute in India must be recognized by the NCTE. Also, NCTE keeps records of all the candidates who have completed any of the Teaching Education Courses. The record can be matched at any time by any organization or individual.
Courses offered under NCTE Affiliation:
- D.EL.Ed ( open and distance learning )
- B.Ed ( open and distance learning )
- Diploma In Visual Arts
- Diploma In Performing Arts
- B.A.B.Ed./B.Sc.B.Ed. 4 Years Integrated programme
- B.Ed.M.Ed. 3 years of Integrated programme
To perform the functions assigned under the Act through transparent, timely, hassle-free procedures, NCTE has 4 Regional Committees.
- To consider applications for recognition under the Act obtained from institutions offering courses or training in teacher education immediately before the appointed day.
- To consider applications for recognition from institutions intending to offer a course for training in teacher education.
- To consider applications for increase in the intake of students to the courses/programmes already included while granting recognition.
- To consider applications from existing recognized institutions for permission to start any new programme in teacher education.
- To deal with issues which fall under section 17 of the Act;
- To perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Council from time to time.
- Processing of pending applications for grant of recognition under Section 14 and Section 15.
- Processing of new applications for grant of recognition under Section 14 and Section 15.
- Issuance of revised Recognition Orders to the existing Teacher Education Institutions, in view of the enhanced course duration of B.Ed., M.Ed. and B.P.Ed as per the Regulations 2014.
- Processing of matters falling under Section 17 of the Act as received from various stakeholders.
- Coordinating with NCTE Head Quarters in conducting various meetings, workshops and other programmes at the Regional level.
Rules, Regulations, Norms and Procedures
- Decisions and Minutes of the Meetings of Regional Committee.
- Public notice with regard to the implementation of Regulations 2014 to all the pending and existing institutions.
- The decision of the RCs on the issuance of revised orders to existing B.Ed, M.Ed. and B.P.Ed. programmes.
- Legal Counsels of NCTE in the RCs and at the Supreme Court of India.
- Up to date decisions of the Council and the Head Quarters having implication for any of the stakeholders relating to with Teacher Education.
- Minutes of the meeting of NCTE with the Affiliating Bodies on the issuance of NOC for applying for new programmes or additional intake of existing programmes.
Performance Appraisal Report: NCTE PAR System
NCTE PAR System: To enforce accountability on affiliated institutes, NCTE has introduced a Performance Appraisal REPORT (PAR). Each of the recognised institutes has to submit yearly PAR duly audited by a Chartered accountant. The PAR system helps the body in
- examine and review periodically the implementation of norms, guidelines, standards laid down by the council.
- evolve suitable performance appraisal system, norms, a mechanism for enforcing the accountability on institutes.
If a Regional Committee finds an institute is not adhering to norms or standards, it may withdraw the recognition of such institute.
Now, it is necessary for all institutes to submit PAR every year Online. The state and central institutes will have to pay a fee of INR 5000 while all others have to pay a fixed amount of INR 15000.
NCTE OTPRMS 2020: Online Teacher-Pupil Registration Management System
NCTE OTPRMS System Details: At OTPRMS System (Teacher-pupil Registration), the candidates who have passed or undergoing any of the Courses under NCTE can register themselves. It is mandatory to register by every individual at NCTE OTPRMS to stand eligible for the recruitments as a Teacher in India.
A candidate can register himself/herself online at NCTE OTPRMS system by just paying a fee of Rs 200. On completion of Fee submission and application, the candidate will get an online generated Certificate which can be verified by any individual or organisation later.
How to Register online at NCTE OTPRMS?
- First of all, you have to visit the official link of OTPRMS i.e. ncte.gov.in/OTPRMS
- Then Click Register Button.
- Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, and Email Address.
- Click Register button to get username and password on your email
- Now log into your account and fill all necessary details of your course
- pay fee of 200 Rs online.
After completion of all formalities, you can download your certificate which can be used to authenticate by the employer.
NCTE OTPRMS Certificate Verification Online
An employer or Recruitment Organisation can verify the registered teacher’s certificate online. To verify a certificate you need to visit official link https://ncte.gov.in/OTPRMS/VerifyCertificate.aspx and submit the following details.
- Certificate Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
You need to enter the Security Code and click submit button to verify the Certificate online.