A great initiative has been declared by the Chief Minister of Kerala – Pinarayi Vijayan, to provide free laptop for students for the candidates who belong to SC/ST category for their online classes. The scheme is known as the ‘Vidyakirana‘ project under which this initiative will take place. The initial phase has been carried out by the government recently.
In 2021 November, nearly 45,313 children received laptops, and later approximately 3.5 lakh students from SC/ST category will receive laptops from standard 1-9 across the state. To make their online classes more effective, the CM of the state first initiated a free laptops project. Moreover, Pinarayi Vijayan said that it is a great way to reduce the gap between minority groups and digital services. Besides, in Thiruvananthapuram, the school of GHS Vajamuttam has received laptops for 5th classes.
Vidyakirnam Free Laptop For Students in Kerala 2022
Name of the Project – Vidyakirnam
Objective – To provide Free Laptops
State – Kerala
Category – SC/ST Students
Purposed by – CM of Kerala Pinarayi Vijayan
Laptops Distributed – 4 Lakh
Official portal- sampoorna.kite.kerala.gov.in
Key Features of the Vidyakirana Project
1. During the pandemic time, all institutions were conducting learning processes online; keeping this in mind, the government of Kerala introduced the Vidyakirana project to support students who are not able to purchase digital gadgets.
2. SC/ST candidates who are in 1-9 classes will receive digital services such as laptops to ensure their online classes go peacefully.
3. The laptops will have three years of warranty along with pre-installed kite software by the school for the students who have registered on sampoorna website.
4. An agreement under this project has been signed between the parents and school authorities to keep it clear. Each laptop costs 18,000.
Steps to Apply for Free Laptop Project on Sampoorna Website
1. Firstly, open the official site of Sampoorna @sampoorna.kite.kerala.gov.in
2. Here, on the home screen, you will get the register option press click.
3. Then enter your information as asked.
4. Confirm all the details and press submit.
5. Lastly, take out a hard copy for future reference.